GVBD Open 4 a Side Pairs Night Competition
Due to an outbreak of COVID19 in the Shepparton area, the start of this competition has been deferred to the 21st October 2020.
To GVBD Clubs who entered a team of Four Players
- Competing sides: Avenal, Dookie, East Shepparton, Kyabram, Shepp Park (1), Shepp Park (2) Shepp Golf (Myers) and Shepp Golf.
- Wednesday Nights at East Shepparton with teams of two pairs from the same club
- 6:30 Start for 9:00 finish
- Two 10 end sets, each with a Power Play
- Season to be 7 weeks plus finals
- $5 per player per round green fees
- All games at East Shepparton
Finals are to be played at East Shepparton.
Finals are of 10 ends with a Power Play and a Play-off end if required.
Competitors must play 3 out of 7 games to qualify for finals.
Semi Finals are 1v4 and 2v3 with winners playing off in the Grand Final
GVBD Open 4 a Side Pairs Night Competition: Conditions of Play
- A 1 end roll up is allowed
- Winner of toss starts 1st set, loser of toss starts 2nd set
- Skippers place jack, leader places mat each end
- Toss for mat if play off end is needed
- Free player registration
- Powerplay for each set must be nominated before the mat and jack are placed
- 2 points are allocated for each set, a tie is 1 point for each team
- Teams to play two 10 end sets
- Overall win is calculated by adding the number of sets won by each team. If sets are equal, then the number of shots scored will determine the overall winner
- Overall winner scores 2 points
- Finals placings will be calculated on points, then sets, then shots up.